Monday, October 09, 2006

La Chaim

La Chaim - To Life!

I haven't posted anything in quite a while so you will forgive me (that wasn't a request by the way), if I ramble, go off topic, or inadvertently murder the English language in my eager-beaver attempt at ... I was going to say put pen to paper but that seems a bit silly since I am using a keyboard and this will appear on a monitor... See what I mean about rambling?

Being unemployed has been interesting. I am not sure I want to freelance over the long term but the projects have been varied and interesting. I've also had more time to... well... actually, I have had more time that I know what to do with. I've taken to helping out friends with all sorts of stuff like their webpages and today I even did a bit of logo designing. Apparently it was needed like right away. And I thought I'd only be involved in the planning and strategy, reccomend a good designer and that would be that. All this time has given me loads and loads of time and space for meditation, reflection, thinking and being there to listen to others and lend them a shoulder when they need one. I don't suppose I've ever felt closer to myself and GOD than I do at this time :)

For all I've been blessed with in this life,
there was an emptiness in me.
I was imprisoned by the power of gold.
With one honest touch, you set me free.

Let the world stop turning,
let the sun stop burning.
Let them tell me love's not worth going through.
If it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart
the only dream that matters has come true;
in this life, I was loved by you.

For every mountain I have climbed,
every raging river crossed,
you were the treasure that I longed to find.
Without your love I would be lost.

Let the world stop turning,
let the sun stop burning,
let them tell me love's not worth going through.
If it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart,
the only dream that mattered had come true;
in this life i was loved by you.

In this life, I was loved by you.

Life has been good. There have been ups and there have been downs and sometimes it seems to me that it depends entirely how I look at things that determines whether in fact there have been more ups than downs or whether it is the other way around.

I have come to realise that I actually need very little of anything. I have also come to realise that, should I so choose, I can actually rely totally on myself for everything that I do need. Now, that's something to think about. Enlightening. Empowering. Scary.

There are, of course, things that we can only do so much about. The haze for example - I was going to say blasted haze and this isn't the first time I was going to use that kind of adjective either but I have caught myself now and will be on a lookout for such literary misdemeanours. Yes, the haze. Well, it's back again, isn't it? Almost like clockwork. So out come the surgical face-masks and on goes the ionizer air filter. It rained. Yes, indeed it did. But did it do much good. Well, perhaps it did do some good but not so much that you could tell from looking at it.

Nothing happening on the relationship side but that isn't disappointing or anything. If anything, truth to tell, I am beginning to get a phobia that anything that starts is going to end (as all things must) but far sooner that I expect or want them to. So, having been bitten on more than once occasion, on the ankles, arms, neck and other parts of my bruised and battered self, perhaps it is best to let the sleeping relationship dog lie. And besides, it is getting harder and harder to trust. I am minded of a song...

The games people play now
Every night and every day now
Never meaning what they say
And they don't say what they mean

First you wind away your hours
In your concrete towers
Soon you'll be covered up in flowers
In the back of a black limousine

Though we make one another cry
Break our hearts when we say goodbye
Cross our hearts and we'll hope to die
Said the other was to blame

Neither one will ever give in
Though we gaze on an eight by ten
Thinking 'bout the things that might have been
And it's a dirty rotten shame

People walking up to you
Singing glory halleluia
Then they try to sock it to you
In the name of lord

Then they teach you how to meditate
Read your horoscope and change your fate
And further more to hell with hate
Come on and give me some more

Look around tell me what you see
What's happening to you and me
God grant me the serenity
To remember who I am

Cause you've given up your sanity
All your pride and your vanity
Turn your back on humanity
And you don't give a damn

I have brandishing my Scrabble set around trying to get a game and I have actually managed to get one game. Wasn't the best I have played but it was fun. There have not been any since. Most people I've asked respond with, "Scrabble? What's Scrabble?" and those that don't beg off with excuses of poor vocabulary etc. despite reassurances from yours truly that they will be allowed access to my Oxford, Webster, Collins and Scrabble dictionaries should they deign to game with me. The Scrabble brand people really need to look at making the game popular again!

Decided to gather together my researches and post them on wikipedia. Those of you who know me well, know that I am a closet genealogist and that I have been researching my family tree since 1998. This is helped by the fact that British census data is online and also the fact that some of my ancestors have been people of note. Anyway, here are some of my entries:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chung_Thye_Phin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chung_Keng_Quee
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seow_poh_leng
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seow_Sieu_Jin

Yesterday was a very interesting day for me - I spent the whole day out of the home and almost entirely in shopping malls. Went to Mid Valley in the morning and was there till mid afternoon then went to Tmn Desa to pick up a friend and head over to The Curve. When we were done with that we headed over to Ikano and Ikea then went to Cineleisure and watched The Devil Wears Prada - it REALLY is a very good movie but does not need the big screen - then headed out to SS2 for dinner before I sent him home.

Woke up to aches and pains. My calves. My thighs. My back. I confess I've been vegetating at home far too long and yesterday was more exercise than I've had in months.

And with that I shall end abruptly and go on and do something else when I have figured out what it is. Ta ta! ^_____^

No comments: